With an increasing population and an increasing demand for housing, Austin-area home builders are building with fervor. Several new single- and multi-family developments are slated for the greater Austin area. Here’s a look at area developments poised to present the best opportunities for residential property investors:
New Community Near Yeti, AMD in South Austin
- Name: Cayena
- Location: 5204 Wier Hills Road, less than a mile from Yeti Coolers LLC headquarters and two miles from Advanced Micro Devices Inc. headquarter
- 41-unit neighborhood and $80 million mixed-use development
- Two-to three-story homes around 2,200 to 3,500 square feet with prices from the mid-$500s to $800s
- New sidewalks along Southwest Parkway would allow residents to walk to nearby Lantana Place, an $80 million mixed-use development anchored by a Marriott A/C boutique hotel and the Moviehouse & Eatery dine-in theater.
- Location: near Loyola Lane and Ed Bluestein Boulevard
- 92 single-family homes starting in the mid-$400s
- 30.5-acre tract previously owned by Austin ISD
- 25 percent of the homes are reserved for affordable housing
- Timeline: Expected to be complete by the end of next year
- Location: between CR 119 and FM 1660 North, which is east of the State Highway 130 toll road on Hutto’s northern edge
- Development to include homes, parks and commercial space
- Around 1,500 residential units
- 315 acres
- PUD will also allow pocket parks, a trail system and an approximate two-acre commercial tract at the intersection of the proposed collector roads
- Location: southeast corner of U.S. Highway 79 and FM 1660
- High-quality residential housing options and highly accessible recreation space
- Around 650 village-style single-family homes
- 167 acres – 50 acres of open space
Cedar Park Developments
- Location: intersection of Parmer and Brushy Creek
- 35 acres of residential development and a seven-acre business park
- 100 housing units
- Homes starting at $405,990
- A commercial project on the corner of Parmer and Brushy Creek will be constructed in the future.
Bar W Ranch
- Location: southeast of the intersection of Ronald Reagan Blvd. and Hwy 29
- 34 acres of multifamily residential
- 120 acres of commercial
- 182 acres of greenbelt and parkland
- Construction expected to begin this summer
- Location: southeastern Leander near the intersection of CR 179 and Ronald Reagan Blvd.
- 14 acres of multifamily housing and 11 acres of parkland
- Location: intersection of CR 280 and North Bagdad Road
- 289 single-family lots
- A commercial lot
- Around an acre of parkland
Here’s a look at a list of Austin-area residential developments.
These developments are excellent opportunities for residential property investors who are searching to diversify their portfolio. Reach out to our team today to learn more.